Vote by Mail Programs
Permanent Vote by Mail
You can have your ballot mailed to you on an on-going basis. Any registered voter may apply for Permanent Vote By Mail.
Ballots are mailed approximately three weeks prior to each election. Ballots cannot be forwarded by the post office.
Who Is Eligible?
- Anyone who is currently registered to vote in Salt Lake County.
How Do I Sign Up For The Permanent Vote By Mail Program?
- Download an application by clicking here.
- An application must be completed and returned before a ballot can be mailed. Mail or return applications to the Clerk's office:
Salt Lake County Elections Division
2001 S State Street #S1100
PO Box 144575
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575
- Or you may fax your application to the Clerk's office: (385) 468-7401
- Applications must be received no later than the Friday before the election.
Already signed up for vote by mail and want to track your ballot? Just click this link and fill in the information: Track Your Ballot
Single Election By Mail Voting
If you would like to receive a by mail ballot for a specific election, you may download the Absentee Ballot Application and return it to the Clerk's office no later than the Friday before the election.
Military and Overseas Voters
military or overseas voters may complete the Federal Postcard Application, which can be accessed by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance Program web site at: www.fvap.gov.
Applications must be sent by mail or filed in person at the Salt Lake County Clerk's Office. Time is critically important! Please allow plenty of time for mailing, especially if you will be in another state or foreign country.
For further details on absentee programs, please call the Salt Lake County Clerk, Elections Division, at (385) 468-8683 or email email@example.com.